Jun 6, 2010

How To Start Blogging


I thought I'd post a little something about starting a blog for anyone who is interested, but isn't sure of what to do. You need 3 things to get started.

The first thing is you need a niche. A Niche is something that you are good at, family, crafts, cooking, making money, freebies, reviewing product, if you make something and sell them, what it's like to have an autistic child, mom to 4 under 6, Military wife and mom, etc.

Second is a name for your blog. A blog's name should not be too long and it should really specify what your niche is.....ex: $5 dinners, happy homemaker, I love to shop, my online money, etc.

Third is an account to start your blog. The 2 most popular blog spots are http://www.wordpress.com/ and http://www.blogger.com/. Tutorial: How to Start a Free Blog at Blogger.com. Once you have gone through the steps to open your account, it's time to get started.

I recommend one of the first posts be about you and why you decided the name for the blog and a little about why you decided to start blogging.

I own 3 blogs, one is personal, one is for reviews and the other is freebies, coupons, etc. I blog because I love finding new things and sharing them with others. My personal blog is so I can vent when I need to and share other happy things that happen in my life.

After you start your blog, you should add these things.

A stat counter so you can keep track of your visitors, how many per month, etc. This you will need if you want to start doing reviews one day. They do ask for your blog stats.

RSS feed.......http://www.feedburner.com/ is popular.

After your blog is established, go to Google's Adsence and open an account there, paste that code on your blog (earn $100 and you get paid)

Here are a few links for beginners help

Tips Beginner Bloggers

8 Tips For Beginner Bloggers

7 beginner Blogger Blunders and How To Avoid Them

I hope this helps





For Further Reading,
Blogging

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Site Stats

Blog directoryPersonal

Display Pagerank




Contributors