Sep 11, 2011

Remembering 9.11


When I think of the 9.11 Tragedy, I think of everyone who had a life changing effect. One person who remains in my heart and my mind is someone who was my best friend almost 20 yrs ago. Her son was like the son I never had (only have my daughter). He enlisted after 9.11. Told his mother he'd be OK he was driving one of those trucks that was suppose to be resillant to fire! Well, his platoon was ambushed on June 26th, 2004 and we lost him! Army Spc. Jeremy M. "Ketchup" Heines was 23, of New Orleans; assigned to Company C, 1st Battalion, 9th Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; killed June 26 when his patrol came under attack by rocket-propelled grenades and small-arms fire in Baghdad. He left behind his wife of only 1 year, his sister, his brother, his step brothers and sisters, his adopted sister my daughter and his parents and me! We all love and miss him every day! Yes my friend wasn't directly impacted on 9.11, but she lost her son because of it! God Bless You Jeremy and your family! We'll see you again someday sweetheart!


For Further Reading,
In Memory Of......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Site Stats

Blog directoryPersonal

Display Pagerank




Contributors