Jul 12, 2010

Dr Appointment and Female Problems


I had a dr's appointment on Friday, I had to go because back in 2008, I was diagnosed with a cyst and fibroid. Well, after having a difficult time of my monthly friend in June, my husband and sister both told me I needed to go see the dr again. So I did.  She is setting up a referral for me to get another ultra sound (Transvaginal ultrasound) done because we both think that either the cyst or fibroid or both grew because I feel it a lot more now.

Transvaginal ultrasound

A transvaginal ultrasound is used to look at the pelvic organs in women. A thin probe called a transducer is covered with a lubricated sheath similar to a condom. The transducer is then gently put into the vagina. The transducer sound waves make a picture on a TV screen (monitor).

She told me a story about a lady who is a housekeeper and she went to the dr because her hip was hurting her. They did xrays and nothing showed. They did an MRI and nothing showed. The dr started asking her questions about her cycle and she told her it was a little heavier, etc and so they sent her for an ultra sound (same one I am having) and they found a massive cancerous cyst on her uterous!

Moral of the story, if you are having problems and don't know why, go to the dr and get it checked out. Mine was caught because of a back problem (Scoliosis) that I thought I had (Chiropractor diagnosis) and don't have. I was told by a disability dr that it may have something to do with a female problem, so off to my dr I went in 2008.





For Further Reading,
doctors appt., Personal Health

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Site Stats

Blog directoryPersonal

Display Pagerank




Contributors